Snow Fun
December 4th, 2010
It has snowed 3 or 4 times already this year. Luke loves it and is always asking to go outside and build an igloo. We have to keep telling Luke that although there is not enough snow for an igloo yet (and probably won't be because we don't live in Antarctica) we can do some sledding in our back yard!
Thanksgiving
Our Thanksgiving was fun. We stayed at home this year and I cooked my very first Thanksgiving turkey ever! And you know what? It was not as hard as I thought it would be at all. In fact, I think it turned out really good, that is, if you like turkey which Dave does not. But he is a good sport and is still helping to eat frozen turkey leftovers. I thought that we were having my in laws for dinner, but something came up and they couldn't come so there was a lot of the 19 pounder left after Corey and our families' feast.
Search for Tom the Turkey
I love Boone County's Parks and Recreation department. They always have such great programs for the kids. We do the Breakfast with Santa and so for Thanksgiving when I saw that they had a search for Tom the Turkey well I thought what could be more fun then that? I guess that I was maybe thinking that we would see some real turkeys? But this is what the kids found when they went a searching.....
I know, he doesn't look like a really Turkey to me either, Luke.
It was actually a really fun and educational event and I am really glad we went. The kids got to do a turkey craft and learn all about turkeys, strut like turkeys, and even got to practice turkey calls.
Halloween
So you can't tell from any picture I have, but these two LOVED Halloween this year! It was so fun to see both of them so excited about wearing their costumes and getting CANDY. We were able to do to several Halloween activities this year: Hallo"zoo"ween at the Cincinnati Zoo, Itty Bitty Costume Party at the Library, and our church Trunk or Treat.
![]() |
| Happy Halloween! |
![]() |
| Dancing the "Hooky Spooky" |
![]() |
| Our Little Lady Bug |
I turned 30!
So it finally happened and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Dave got the day off work and we went to Halloween Junction at Entertrainment Junction up in Ohio with the kids and Amber and Lars. I know, kind of more like a present for Lukey then me, but it was fun to spend time with my family. Then to IKEA for lunch and looking around, Dave made dinner that night, all and all a great day.
![]() |
| I guess I was more excited about me turning the big 3-0 then my kiddos were |
Pumpkins
So I really want to be crafty and I am totally not, but this was my Fall project. Thank you crafting blog that I can't remember the name of now for the super cute idea. :)
Dave in the Pilot seat
Ok, so not sure how many people know this, but my husband has always wanted to be a Pilot. So for his 30th my parents and I got him a flight lesson. He was finally able to schedule it in September.
Happy Late Birthday David!
OUCH!
Our little girl had to get stitches in August. :( Luke was swinging on the teeter totter thing on our swing set and Lynnea walked in front of him and YIKES it hit Lynnea right on the forehead! Poor baby girl! When Lynnea grows up and asks me: "Mom, how did I get this scar?" I will say: "Luke" and when she asks: "Why am I deadly afraid of doctor's offices now?" I will say: "Luke" and when she asks why her finger nail on her left middle finger grows all funky now because it got smashed in the door by a certain crazy 4 year old(a month after the stitches)?" I will say: "Luke." I know someday Lynnea will thank Luke for making her one tough cookie. A couple more fun pictures
![]() |
| Goof Balls |

![]() |
| A visit to the Fire Station to see the trucks |
















4 comments:
Melanie! I'm so happy to see you updating your blog. And holy cow, you have beautiful children. :) Merry Christmas!
Look at those blue eyes on Lynnea! Wow, you are an awesome present giver! I'll bet Dave was thrilled with the flying lesson. Miss you!
Aw... I love this pic!! Who's that handsome guy in the middle? J/K Taesun was asking about those ABC books you used to make with him. He wants to do them again. Website?
It is crazy to think that it has been a whole year since that picture at the fire station. The website is first-school.ws We miss you guys! :)
Post a Comment