Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Easter 2011

So I would have loved to have had these cute Easter pictures of my kids outside in the springtime greenery, but.... it was raining, so this is what we got.  We still had a fun Easter filled with church, Easter egg hunts, egg coloring and decorating, and of course your favorite and mine.... THE CANDY!

  We had an Easter Breakfast and Egg Hunt at our church.  The kids had a lot of fun! Again it was raining so the Egg Hunt was inside.




 Lynnea's 2nd Birthday

Our baby girl turned two years old!  She got to go to the church Easter Egg Hunt and then to Chuck-E-Cheese!

She was so excited about her birthday this year.  It was so cute.  Lynnea kept saying: It's my "bur"day!  We love our little girl!

Lynnea's favorite book currently is Goodnight Moon.  Hence, the inspiration for the cake.




Christmas 2010
Okay, so I know that you are thinking that Christmas was four months ago.  Yeah, I am really bad at downloading pictures in a timely fashion.....

 Breakfast With Santa

Luke was all smiles with Santa this year.

 Lynnea was another story.... terrified, you know, normal toddler behavior. But Lynnea will do anything for a book(her very favorite thing) so this is the how I got the one and only picture of Lynnea within 10 feet of Santa Claus this year.


 Christmas Photo Shoot
Like a "good" mom, I "tried" to get some pictures professionally done this year, but Lynnea wouldn't have any of it. She had my shirt in a death grip and was looking at the photographer like he was the scariest person in the whole wide world. Talk about embarrassing! I just walked out the studio with my crying girl and Luke trailing behind. It was not my best mom moment. But then a couple days later, after Breakfast with Santa we got some cute pictures at home that were cropped and photoshoped and used for our Christmas card this year.



Christmas Day
We had a nice Christmas at home in Kentucky this year. David's family came up on Christmas day.


A teddy bear and candy - Lynnea loved Christmas.


Matching Hats!

Okay, so see my awesome Christmas sweater vest that was given to me by David's aunt, as a joke between teachers a couple years ago.  Well, I wear it every Christmas - drives David CRAZY because it reminds him of his elementary school years and teachers in puffy paint sweaters, which is, of course, why I keep bringing it out every year. :)
Well, this year I had some competition....
This is Corey, David's brother.  And this was his Christmas sweater.

His wife Amber made it for him for a Christmas sweater contest he had at his work.  Can you believe he didn't win?!? The injustice of it all is why I had to post this here and because it was truly one of the funniest moments this Christmas and I wanted to remember it.... and now you get to remember it too! 

1 comment:

Carrie and Tyson said...

A new post, yippee! You just made my night, no week! Oh my heck, you made that cake? That is awesome! Great job. And Lynnea's dimples are gorgeous! What beautiful kids you have. They need to meet Aunt Carrie. Hahaha! The Christmas sweaters! I love it!